Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink has become a must-visit Christmas experience in many people’s Christmas calendars. Running from 17 November to 2 January 2019, and surrounded by the world famous Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market, it is the perfect opportunity to wrap up warm and get into the festive sprit. Here are ten reasons why you should visit Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink this year:
- It is spectacularly situated in the shadow of Winchester Cathedral.
- The clear covered roof guarantees a rain-free skate whatever the weather.
- It is located at the heart of Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market, so you can enjoy Christmas shopping before or after you skate.
- Reduced ticket prices have been introduced for 2018, with tickets available from £6.95 – £11.
- There will be fabulously festive decorations, including a Christmas Tree in the centre of the rink to fill skaters with festive cheer.
- There will be a brand new mulled wine and cider bar at the Ice Café.
- Also new for this year are Silent Discos on Ice! Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm & 8pm from 20 November – 20 December.
- With penguin and banana skate aids and Parent & Toddler sessions, it’s fun for all the family.
- As well as the market, the Ice Rink itself has regularly been voted as one of the top 10 Ice Rinks in the UK, as recommended by Countryfile Magazine, Families Online and Days Out with the Kids.
- And it’s easier to visit than ever before! Book discounted return tickets to Winchester from 17 November – 24 December with South Western Railway and save up to 20% on rail travel.
Full details are available at www.winchester-cathedral.org.uk including the Christmas in Winchester Guide 2018, the definitive guide to Christmas events and services in Winchester, ‘England’s Christmas Capital’.