- Day Out With Thomas runs from 29 May to 6 June 2021
- Meet your favourite characters from Thomas & Friends, as well as The Fat Controller and the Sodor Station Sweepers Rusty & Dusty!
The Watercress Line is offering a day out to remember for all the family, as Thomas the Tank Engine returns to the railway this half term. Visitors will have the chance to meet Thomas & his friends, The Fat Controller and join the Sodor Station Sweepers Rusty and Dusty.
Kids can let off steam giggling at the hilarious Rusty & Dusty outdoor entertainment featuring The Fat Controller, Diesel, Toad and, a brand new character for 2021, Duck.
This year, the railway is giving visitors even more time with Thomas, as they can now ride with everyone’s favourite engine on an extended journey.
Guests can also experience unlimited rides on the charming miniature railway and younger visitors can have fun on the children’s vintage fairground rides.
Younger visitors can challenge themselves to complete a ‘Passport of Adventures’ throughout the day with activities, as well as a Day Out With Thomas colouring-in Junior Engineers certificate.
Simon Baggott, General Manager at the Watercress Line said: “Thomas & Friends are wonderful characters who appeal to old and young. We can’t wait to see them back at the railway and welcome all the families who love them. This truly will be a day out for families to make some wonderful memories and a chance for adults to be big kids for a day too!
Activities run from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Trains will run from 10am to 4.45pm
DUE TO CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES:
– The day will be centred at Ropley.
– Instead of unlimited travel up and down the line guests will need to book one (extended) train ride behind Thomas. The ticket also entitles visitors one ‘big’ train ride from Ropley to Alton and back. These trains run every hour and do not need to be booked in advance.
All activities and rides are included in the ticket price.
Table for up to four people £65
Table for up to two people £35
Children under 2 years old go FREE.
* When booking your tickets you will be asked to select a time for your ride behind Thomas the Tank Engine. Your ticket entitles you to entry to Ropley station 9:30am – 4:30pm. On the day you are also entitled to one round trip from Ropley to Alton and back lasting approx 1 hour and 25 minutes. (All tickets for Day Out With Thomas will be handled by Quay Tickets).
– The field at Ropley will provide FREE car parking. Sat nav: SO24 0BL. Disabled drop-off at Ropley station available and parking in the field.
For more information visit: https://watercressline.co.uk/day-out-with-thomas/