As the biggest theatre on the south coast, with over 2,200 seats, the Mayflower Theatre attracts people from far and wide every week. But, where can you park at the Mayflower Theatre? There’s no official parking, but there are plenty of city centre options to choose from, with a wide range of prices. We look at the different choices and a few cheaper alternatives.
Best Mayflower Theatre parking options
Whilst the Mayflower Theatre does not have its own parking, there are two multi-storey car parks within a five minute walk.
- MSCP West Park Road (use postcode SO15 1FZ)
- Grosvenor Square (use postcode SO15 2BE)
One important consideration when deciding is that MSCP West Park Road is closed from midnight until 5.30am, so if you’re planning a late night go for Grosvenor Square. Both car parks have 500 spaces, so there’s plenty of capacity. However, the earlier you arrive the better, as getting out of these car parks at the end of a show can take some time the higher up in the parking structure you are.
To view other parking options visit the Southampton City Council site.
Wherever you park, make sure to leave extra time on days when Southampton FC is playing, or when local events are happening (such as the boat show). Roads into Southampton can easily become congested, so be sure to leave plenty of time before your show.
Hotels with parking by Mayflower Theatre
If you’re visiting from outside Southampton, or just want to make a night of it, then you’ll need the details for a local hotel with parking. Most of the city centre hotels also use the local parking facilities. Southampton has plenty of multi-story car parks near hotels and the Mayflower Theatre, so you’re spoilt for choice.
Whilst in the city, check out our guide on things to do in Southampton, it’s packed with everything from cultural days out to fun trips for the kids.
Is there park and ride for the Mayflower Theatre?
Unlike nearby Portsmouth and Winchester, there is no park and ride facility in Southampton. Plans are being discussed for one, so that may change in the near future, but for now your best options are parking at the Mayflower Theatre or finding alternate transport options.
Does the Mayflower Theatre have disabled parking?
Whilst the theatre itself has disabled seating, there is no official disabled parking. However, there are other options you can use. The two main car parks – MSCP West Park Road and Grosvenor Square – both have disabled spaces available.
An accessible entrance is located on Commercial Road, for those dropping off disabled passengers.
A single disabled space is available directly opposite the venue, however we would not advise you rely on this one given the limited availability.
Alternatives to parking at the Mayflower Theatre
If you’d prefer to leave your car at home, then there are some great alternative options to get to the Mayflower Theatre, including:
- By train: Mayflower Theatre is a few minutes’ walk from Southampton Central station, which is well connected on most major routes. For the latest timetables visit the South Western Railway website.
- By bus: If you live in Hampshire, then there are many excellent bus services that drop off within a few minutes walk of the theatre. Look for bus stops SA, SB, SC or SD, which are operated by First Group and Bluestar. Visit their websites for the latest timetables.
- By coach: One great way to visit Mayflower Theatre is via a coach trip, often with tickets included. Coaches typically drop off and pick up on Empire Lane and Blechynden Terrace. Suppliers include Berrys Coaches and Woods Travel.
- By ferry: If you live on the Isle of Wight, then Red Funnel ferries operate the Red Jet service, which includes a free bus to Southampton Central Station. From there you’re just a few minutes’ walk from the theatre.