Spend a day of creativity in the Hampshire countryside and get ready for Christmas with this 3-hour festive star willow workshop. Make a large willow star covered in random weaving and decorate it with fairy lights. Hang it on your front door instead of a wreath, show it off on the top of your tree or display it on a wall all year round. Various sizes are possible up to about 50cm across.
Held in the historic Dyers Barn on the Chawton House estate, this will be a socially-distanced outdoor winter workshop and a wonderful day out with friends. The workshop will be led by Farnham-based willow weaver and basket-maker, Judith Needham.
- You will be given a hot drink from the Parkland Pantry on arrival, this is included in the ticket price.
- Suitable for beginners, adults and older children, as well as those who have worked with willow before.
- All materials will be provided (including fairy lights for your first star).
- The workshop will have a maximum capacity of 10, you will be given a table per social bubble to allow for social distancing.
- Please note this workshop is to be held in Dyers Barn, which is an outdoor venue – make sure you wrap up warm!
- The workshop will finish at 1pm, why not book into the Old Kitchen Tearoom for lunch afterwards?