Friday 25th – Sunday 27th June will see the railway operated by our home fleet of diesel locomotives, alongside some special guests, showcasing the varied types of diesel locomotives produced during the 1960’s modernisation plan. The event will see an intensive timetable operating services tackling the 1 in 60 gradients over the three days, plus some evening running on the Saturday.
- Class 25 D7612 (25262) courtesy of the South Devon Diesel Traction group
- Two Class 73/1 Electro-Diesel locomotives courtesy of G B Railfreight Ltd.
- Class 438 4TC unit courtesy of Transport for London Engineering.
More to be announced.
• Brake van rides at Alresford and Alton.
• Visit society sales stands.
• Real ale served at Ropley throughout the Gala.
• BBQ Saturday evening.