Chawton House are offering a special ‘afternoon tea in a box’ for collection or local delivery this Father’s Day, Sunday 21 June.
Following the success of their recent lockdown Afternoon Tea in a Box offer for Mother’s Day and Easter weekend, Chawton House are once again bringing treats from the Old Kitchen Tearoom to your home.
The menu includes:
• A selection of savoury treats: mini sausage roll, freshly dug potato salad, wild garlic pesto pinwheels
• Homemade scone with butter, clotted cream, Chawton gooseberry & elderflower jam
• A mini cake selection including a strawberry bakewell slice, lemon and ginger traybake and a honey cupcake
• Your choice of Teapigs tea, coffee or hot chocolate (we supply the ingredients, you supply the hot water!)
The menu has been created by the Old Kitchen Tearoom Cook and includes produce from the Chawton House gardens.
The cost is, a very reasonable, £12.50 per person and the boxes are available for collection from the Chawton House gates, or delivery to anyone within the GU34 postcode area (for an additional £2.50 fee). They can be ordered via the Chawton House online shop at: https://chawtonhouse.org/shop/food/fathers-day-afternoon-tea-in-a-box/
The doors of Chawton House sadly remain closed for the time being, although there will be news on a date for the re-opening of the gardens very soon. In the meantime, visitors can enjoy these treats in the comfort of their own home.
Whilst the house remains closed, Chawton House have created a number of entertainments which are available for free online, these include:
• The Man Up! Exhibition
• A Virtual Garden Festival
• Lockdown Literary Festival