Get into the Christmas spirit with our top picks for your very own magical #hantsdaysout over the next couple of months! It can be a challenge to keep the whole family entertained over the festive period, but with our help, you’ll find something to suit everyone!
So what are you waiting for? Fill your festive calendar with our top 10 things to do this Christmas…
- The Night Before Christmas at Mottisfont. Scenes from the much-loved poem will be brought to life throughout the house, and a festive family trail will take you through the grounds. The house will be adorned with traditional decorations and little mice in secret corners. You’ll find Father Christmas’s sleigh out in the grounds, which you can explore with a festive-themed trail!
- Want to visit a Christmas festival like no other? Portsmouth Historic Dockyard comes alive this festive season with markets, stalls and entertainment for all the family from 30th November to 2nd December. This year, celebrate the works of Portsmouth-born Charles Dickens – a man influential in promoting the essence of modern Christmas.
- Make your family’s Christmas magical at Marwell Zoo. Enjoy a variety of festive refreshments and listen to stories from Neverland – inspired by Peter Pan – read by Mother Christmas in the Pirate Cove. Get creative decorating your Christmas present bag before meeting Father Christmas and receiving a special gift. Pre-booking required.
- Visit Paultons Park and celebrate Christmas in a world of twinkling illumination! Journey through Santa’s Grotto, watch an all-new 4D film, enjoy selected rides and attractions and discover Peppa Pig World after its festive transformation!
- Experience the new magical, after-dark, illuminated trail through the grounds and gardens of Beaulieu this Christmas. There’s something for everyone as a one mile illuminated path winds its way through the grounds in an incredible after dark experience. Greeted by the sights and sounds of Christmas, wander beneath unique tree canopies drenched in seasonal colour.
- Take a step back in time and wander the rooms and corridors of The Vyne decked out for a Victorian Christmas. Beautifully decorated for the first time since The Vyne’s roof project, explore the house for the magical splendour of a Victorian Christmas. Showcasing fully decorated rooms, Wiggett Chute welcomes you into his family home.
- Take a moonlit stroll through an enchanted forest and see the grounds of Stansted Park as you’ve never seen them before. Marvel at the magical lights and interactive displays as you navigate tracks and pathways, ending your visit with festive refreshments in the beautiful Victorian Walled Gardens.
- Enjoy a festive paddle along the stunning Beaulieu River with New Forest Activities this Christmas. Keep an eye out for Santa along the way who will be paddling in his canoe full of gifts. As part of their Christmas Canoe Paddle, you’ll enjoy a scenic 90-minute guided tour of the river before receiving a Christmas gift from jolly old St Nick himself! Great for all ages from 18+ months.
- For a magical Christmas experience, travel in a festive carriage at the Watercress Line throughout December. No queues for Santa – he delivers gifts to the children in their seats. Visit after Christmas to soak up the atmosphere of a WWII Christmas on the railway, with civilian and military re-enactors.
- Back by popular demand, the traditional Christmas market returns to Milestones Museum, Basingstoke on 8-9 December. Visit the undercover Victorian streets and browse stalls selling handmade and local Christmas gifts. There’s activities for children and plenty of festive food and drink.