Hampshire and the Isle of Wight have plenty to offer anyone who visits and the experiences on offer to you and your family are ones you do not want to miss! So add the below experiences to your bucket list throughout 2017…
- Travel in style to the beautiful Isle of Wight with Hovertravel. Experience the fastest crossing across the Solent on a hovercraft – the passenger ferry service takes you directly to the shore at Southsea or Ryde in just 10 minutes. Hovertravel has two craft in its fleet: Island Express and Freedom 90, both operating every day. Astonishingly, one of the craft has travelled the equivalent distance of a return trip to the moon and holds the world record for most op
- Experience 1000 years of history at the Bombay Sapphire Distillery in Whitchurch. Learn about the ten botanicals which make Bombay Sapphire so exquisite in the iconic Glasshouses. Chart hundreds of years of Laverstoke’s illustrious history, married with the fascinating heritage of gin and Bombay Sapphire – you can also uncover the secrets of Bombay Sapphire’s unique vapour-infusion distillation process in the Dakin Still House.
- Let the train take the strain as you sit back, relax and travel through the heart of the English countryside at The Watercress Line. Experience a trip down memory lane or create new ones with your family – it’s the perfect way to unwind and experience the nostalgic sights, sounds and smells of steam travel from a bygone age.
- With Wightlink Isle of Wight Ferries, it has never been easier to escape to the Isle of Wight. Experience a crossing of approximately 22 minutes by catamaran and 40 minutes by car ferry. Imagine being able to stroll along miles of stunning, sandy beaches, explore idyllic scenery, try incredible eateries and experience fun-filled activities … well you can do just that with Wightlink Ferries.
- Experience the South Coast’s most spectacular view from the iconic 170 metre tall viewing tower – Emirates Spinnaker Tower. The Tower is taller than the London Eye, Blackpool Tower and Big Ben and has already established itself as a national icon for Britain. You can ascend to View Deck One, 100 metres above sea level, in the high speed lift to experience the wow of the stunning panoramic view across The Solent, Isle ofWight and beyond.
- Would you like to try climbing – but have no experience? We know just the place to go! Golden Gecko Climbing offer you an experience like no other. It has 190m² of climbing on the Climbing Tower and the Challenge Wall and 150m2 of Bouldering for those with climbing experience. Climbing is one of the world’s newest Olympic Sports – why not give it a go?!
- Live life more adventurously and unleash your inner Tarzan at Go Ape Southampton! Head into the forest at Itchen Valley Country Park for a Tree Top Adventure. At a knee-knocking 40 feet, Go Ape Southampton is the highest Go Ape course in Southern England! Plus there’s a 250-metre Zip Wire to experience that crosses both the field and play park for an exhilarating finale!
- SS Shieldhall is a heritage cargo/passenger steamship included in the National Historic Fleet. When you are on board, you get to see the impressive engine room with its original steam engines at work, and delve into the Boiler Room where the temperature can be in excess of 110 degrees Fahrenheit!
- The Ageas Bowl, the picture-perfect home of Hampshire Cricket, offers the ultimate south-coast sporting experience and is playing host to 41 days of domestic cricket in 2017.
- Hop on board a Red Funnel Ferry and you will be transported to the beautiful Isle of Wight in no time. Red Funnel offer a Hi-Speed service (25 minute journey time between Southampton and West Cowes) and a vehicle service (55 minute journey time between Southampton and East Cowes).